by D.J. DeJong
Accessible outdoor recreation, the value of sport and competition, education and a love of the outdoors among local youth — these are the goals of Cloud City Mountain Sports, a local nonprofit organization created to support young athletes in and around Lake County.
Arts & Entertainment
“The Angel of Shavano,” a novel by Salida native Joe Reed, takes its bones from a real-life Salida cold case, the 1980 disappearance and death of Beverly England, a wife and mother of two.
- Saguache County gives vaccination update
- Vaccination appointments fill
- Public Health announces additional vaccination event
- County's vaccine schedule full until February
- State reaches 8.01 percent seven-day positivity rate
- Chaffee County Public Health vaccination scheduler up and running
- Hot springs closed pending contact tracing results
- 64-year-old woman succumbs to COVID-19
- Public health launches Community Spotlight program
- Public health rethinks vaccination protocols
Find a local business
Daily AA meetings – Visit http://www.aasalidabvleadville.com for information on daily Zoom meetings at several different times, some with passwords. 24-hour hotline: 888-333-9649.
9 a.m.-4 p.m. – Caring and Sharing, 220 W. Fourth St., is accepting donations. Shopping is from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 719-539-3686.
10 a.m.-1 p.m. – Chaffee County Resource Center, next to Caring and Sharing, 220 W. Fourth St., is open for food boxes and light medical equipment curbside pickup. Call Elizabeth, 719-539-4849, with questions.
10 a.m.-3 p.m. – Salida Pregnancy Resource Center is open at 215 E. Third St. Call or email first. 719-539-7436.
11 a.m.-7 p.m. – Planned Parenthood clinic at 233 E. Second St. 719-539-7291.
Noon – Daily AA meeting on Zoom. http://www.zoom.us/j/8680321228 Contact Lori 303-210-5012 for password.
7:30 p.m. Rocky Mountain Rejects Group of Narcotics Anonymous meetings are Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 1140 I Street. 719-221-5847 for info. Read more
Police & Courts
Real Estate News
COVID-19 has brought changes to everything, and home design is no exception. Experts are expecting to see lasting impacts on everything from the materials we use to the rooms we prioritize. Check out these and other noteworthy trends: