Colorado Department of Corrections has reported 15 new cases of COVID-19 at Buena Vista Corr…
Chaffee County Commissioners continued their Nestlé North America Waters 1041 permit hearing Thursday with two meetings, at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., during which they took public comment via Zoom.
Horizons Exploratory Academy students headed out to Mission: Wolf, a wolf sanctuary in Westcliffe, recently for volunteer work and to learn about wolves and the sustainable environment they live in.
Arts & Entertainment
- Schools halt in-person learning, 250 in quarantine
- Nine new cases bring seven day total up to 27 cases of COVID-19
- Chaffee sees 18 new COVID-19 cases
- County reports two new cases of COVID-19
- Public health reports nine cases this week
- Two COVID-19 cases moves school district to remote learning
- Six new cases hail from south end
- COVID-19 cases rise to 346
- Rise in positivity rate concerns CCPH
- County COVID-19 cases reach 337
Find a local business
- Daily AA meetings – Visit http://www.aasalidabvleadville.com for information on daily Zoom meetings at several different times, some with passwords. 24-hour hotline: 888-333-9649. Some small group meetings also are reopening; check website for details.
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m. – Caring and Sharing, 220 W. Fourth St., is accepting donations. Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. for shopping. 719-539-3686.
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. – Chaffee County Resource Center, next to Caring and Sharing, 220 W. Fourth St., is open for food boxes and light medical equipment curbside pickup. Call Elizabeth, 719-539-4849, with questions.
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. – Planned Parenthood clinic at 233 E. Second St. 719-539-7291.
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m. – Salida Pregnancy Resource Center, 215 E. Third St. Call or email first. 719-539-7436.
- Noon – Meals on Wheels: Call 539-3341 for delivery.
- Noon – Daily AA meeting on Zoom. http://www.zoom.us/j/8680321228 Contact Lori 303-210-5012 for password.
- 5:30 p.m. – Meatball sub sandwiches for Elks members and guests at the lodge. Dine in and take out. Call for price: 719-539-6976 or 719-530-8410.
- 6 p.m. – Al-Anon: for information on virtual meetings call 719-221-3025.
Police & Courts
Chaffee County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Zachary Kevin Alston, 30, of Cañon City, Oct. 10, on a warrant charging fugitive of justice and violation of a restraining order. He was held in lieu of $500 bail on the warrant and without bond on violation of a restraining order.
Real Estate News
COVID-19 has brought changes to everything, and home design is no exception. Experts are expecting to see lasting impacts on everything from the materials we use to the rooms we prioritize. Check out these and other noteworthy trends: