Chaffee County commissioners will listen to reports and conduct a work session starting at 9 a.m. today in the commissioners meeting room at 104 Crestone Ave.
They will hear reports from the following department heads and managers:
- Shannon Wilcox, Landfill.
- Dave Henson, Department of Human Services.
- Andrea Carlstrom, Department of Public Health.
- Dan Swallow, Department of Building and Planning.
- Becky Gray, Department of Housing.
- Josh Hadley, Department of Emergency Medical Services.
- Jennifer Davis, County Legal Department.
Commissioners will convene again at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the commissioners meeting room for their regular meeting.
They are scheduled to conduct a public hearing at 9:10 a.m. to consider a request from FIBArk Whitewater Festival for a partial road closure of CRs 175 and 176 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday.
They will conduct another public hearing at 9:15 a.m. to consider four land use reviews and one change to the land use code. The first is for the Wilson minor subdivision final plat at 30800 Tanner Drive, Buena Vista. It will divide 8.79 acres into two lots, with the minimum size being approximately 2.03 acres.
The second is a review of the Melton minor subdivision final plat, 32900 CR 371, Buena Vista. It will divide 16.53 acres into two lots with the minimum size being 6.29 acres.
The third is a sketch plan review for the North Fork Ranches major subdivision, 15350 Lionelle Road, Salida. It will divide 149.93 acres into 17 lots with the minimum lot size being 5.01 acres.
Finally, the commissioners will review a preliminary/final plat for the Cactus Ranch major subdivision, 9412 CR 175, Salida. That will divide 13.08 acres into six lots with a minimum of 2 acres.
Commissioners will consider adding “Board of Health” to the 15-day sign posting requirements in Section 1.3.5 of the land use code.
Other items on the agenda include:
- A resolution for Confluence Road subdivision exemption for public benefit.
- A request from Atmos Energy to install a gas line within the Chaffee County utility easement in Johnson Village.
- A request for the annual application to the Colorado Division of Housing for funding and continuation of the Single Family Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation program.
- Consideration of July 26 and August 1 as additional dates for Board of Equalization hearings.
- Appointment of members to the Central Mountain Regional Emergency Medical and Trauma Advisory Council.
- An application for a special event liquor license for a Colorado Cattleman’s Agricultural Land Trust event, from 5-10 p.m. July 13 at 26550 U.S. 285, Buena Vista.